HAVANA._ “Dance, for Shakespeare” is the theme for the 24th Havana International Ballet Festival running from October 28 to November 7, with the participation of companies from the United States, France, Switzerland, Argentina and Cuba.
- By: Martha Sánchez - Published on: No.17, 2014 - Under: Culture -
- By: Héctor Miranda - Published on: No.17, 2014 - Under: International -
LA PAZ._Bolivia will hold elections soon with voters opting either for a continuation of the project begun by Evo Morales in 2006, or for one of the other four presidential candidates´ programs.
- By: Roberto Salomón - Published on: No.17, 2014 - Under: Economy -
HAVANA._ Cuba’s sugar industry is predicting a 2014/15 harvest that is 12.3 percent over the yields from last year´s crop and a total of 50 active refineries, two more than last year.
- By: Lemay Padrón - Published on: No.17, 2014 - Under: Sports -
HAVANA._ Led by super-heavyweight Mijaín López, Cuba remained at the vanguard, as the best Latin American team at the recent World Wrestling championships held in Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, taking a gold medal, a silver and two bronzes.
- By: Joel Michel - Published on: No.17, 2014 - Under: Photo Feature -
HAVANA._ Having borne witness to the passing of time, the ravages of nature, street celebrations, demonstrations of patriotic fervor, confessions, reflections, religious offerings, pardons granted and for many, a first kiss, Havana’s world famous Malecon continues to enchant those fortunate enough to experience the wonder of a night out in the city.
- By: Francisco Navarro - Published on: No.17, 2014 - Under: Health and Science -
CIENFUEGOS._In the first autumn of the dawn of the last century, Harvard University opened a research affiliate to its forestry department that today has evolved into a collage of global flora in the center of Cuba.
- By: Deisy Francis - Published on: No.17, 2014 - Under: Politics -
HAVANA._ The book “What Lies Across the Water: The Real Story of the Cuban Five” won the 2014 Evelyn Richardson literary award, presented in September. Its writer, the Canadian journalist Stephen Kimber, dedicated it to the three Cuban men who remain incarcerated in the United States for having fought terrorism.