HAVANA.- Continuing with their traditional walk around a ceiba tree at midnight, residents of Havana feel proud of their capital city, on the verge of celebrating the 500th anniversary of its founding.
- By: Roberto F.Campos - Published on: No. 18, 2013 - Under: Culture -
- By: Martin Hacthoun - Published on: No. 18, 2013 - Under: International -
BUENOS AIRES._ For a party that has not only retained its majority in both houses of Congress following the midterm elections but also increased its number of seats there and in terms of votes won nationwide after 10 years in office, the results could not have been better.
- By: Mario Esquivel - Published on: No. 18, 2013 - Under: International -
CARACAS._ Venezuela´s political system, which has been undergoing profound transformations since the late commander Hugo Chávez came to power, is facing another challenge on its electoral agenda next month.
- By: Lourdes Pérez - Published on: No. 18, 2013 - Under: Society -
HAVANA._ After an initial warm-up and on the count of one, two, three, a trainer sets the rhythm for each workout routine, focusing on strengthening the muscles in the arms, the legs, and the abdomen, followed by running in place.
- By: Roberto Salomón - Published on: No. 18, 2013 - Under: Economy -
HAVANA._ The diversification of sugarcane production is the only hope for the modern sugar industry, evidently unprofitable with the production of sucrose alone, agreed a number of sugar experts attending an international event on the matter, held in Havana.
- By: Arianna Barredo - Published on: No. 18, 2013 - Under: Cuba -
HAVANA._ As the Parthenon in Athens is to Greek culture, the national Capitolio is a symbol for Cuba. The building is currently undergoing a restoration process, with an eye to eventually housing the Cuban parliament once again.
- By: Maylin Vidal - Published on: No. 18, 2013 - Under: International -
BOGOTÁ._ Colombians are finding their hopes reawakened in regards to achieving the peace for which they have yearned for more than five decades, through the peace talks between the government and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia- People´s Army guerrillas (FARC-EP), which in just the first year have yielded results described as historic