HAVANA._An extremely valuable 23,000-piece collection including letters, original documents, books, photos, notes, and personal effects is being preserved at the former estate where the U.S. writer Ernest Hemingway lived in Cuba between 1940 and 1960, now the Finca Vigía (Lookout Estate) museum.
- By: Nubia Piqueras - Published on: No. 6, 2014 - Under: International -
- By: Deisy Francis - Published on: No. 6, 2014 - Under: Politics -
HAVANA._ There are three important events this year relating to the case of five Cubans who were condemned to long sentences after an unfair trial which took place in Miami in 2001.
- By: Cira Rodríguez - Published on: No. 6, 2014 - Under: Economy -
HAVANA._ The presence of women in the labor market has increased considerably, as well as their rights at the workplace; however, millions of them are still having problems to access equal employment opportunities.
- By: Roberto Campos - Published on: No. 6, 2014 - Under: Tourism -
HAVANA.- Cuban tourism authorities have confirmed an extensive plan of meetings and conferences for 2014 to promote this archipelago as one of the most sought-after destinations for leisure in the Caribbean.
- By: Martha Sánchez - Published on: No. 6, 2014 - Under: Culture -
HAVANA.- The Napoleonic Society’s 12th International Congress will take place from July 7-12 and will bring together researchers and admirers of Napoleon from around the world.
- Published on: No. 6, 2014 - Under: Economy -
HAVANA.- Cuba has given a new boost to mining activity by the recent approval of a policy designed to facilitate the implementation of more than 50 projects during the present year.
- By: Vivian Collazo - Published on: No. 6, 2014 - Under: Health and Science -
HAVANA.-Every year some 10 million children under five years of age die worldwide, one of every four from diseases that are preventable through vaccines, according to data from the World Health Organization (WHO).