HAVANA._ Fifteen cocktail barmen from Cuba’s western provinces are to take part in the Sixth Daiquiri King cocktail mixing competition at Havana’s landmark Floridita restaurant and bar which is always of great interest to tourists.
- By: Roberto Campos - Published on: No. 12, 2014 - Under: Tourism -
- By: Tino Manuel - Published on: No. 12, 2014 - Under: Tourism -
HAVANA._ Cuba is investing in improvements in marine tourism facilities nationwide, following broader industry developments, says Domingo Cisneros, president of the country’s Marlin nautical and marina management group.
- By: Ibis Frade - Published on: No. 12, 2014 - Under: Culture -
HAVANA._ Some 700 students from around the world come to Cuba every year to learn Spanish in the various courses offered by the University of Havana’s School of Foreign Languages (FLEX), which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2015.
- By: Marta Cabrales - Published on: No. 12, 2014 - Under: Culture -
SANTIAGO DE CUBA._ This Cuban city is all set to welcome the 34th edition of the Caribbean Festival, scheduled for July 3 to 9, which this year will be dedicated to Suriname.
- By: Silvia Martínez - Published on: No. 12, 2014 - Under: International -
CARACAS._ One of the lesser known projects of the late President Hugo Chávez, the “Tree Mission” begun in the Waraira Repano National Park, is on its eighth year, under the concept that “Sowing life, we reap peace.”
- By: Cira Rodríguez - Published on: No. 12, 2014 - Under: International -
HAVANA._ The Cuban oil industry holds great promise for foreign investment, given that in the future it may become an important source of income, growth and development.
- By: Lemay Padrón - Published on: No. 12, 2014 - Under: Photo Feature -
HAVANA._The streets are deserted for hours these days and the blazing sun is not solely to blame. Both in Havana as in the rest of the country millions of Cubans are obsessed with the World Soccer Cup in Brazil.