HAVANA._ More than 500 participants from eight countries have already confirmed their attendance at the first major festival of Cuban Art, “Habanarte 2014,” which will gather a thousand plus artists from different disciplines together in Havana from Sept. 11 to 21.
- By: Marnie Fiallo - Published on: No. 15, 2014 - Under: Cuba -
- By: Francisco Navarro - Published on: No. 15, 2014 - Under: Culture -
CIENFUEGOS._ Neither associated with famous battles nor distinguished leaders, and compared to such monumental structures in Rome or Paris, the Arc de Triomphe in Cienfuegos looks somewhat like their “little brother.”
- By: Martha Andrés - Published on: No. 15, 2014 - Under: International -
MEXICO CITY._ Almost eighty years after nationalization, controversial secondary legislation has re-opened the possibility for private enterprise to participate in Mexico´s oil industry.
- By: Vivian Collazo - Published on: No. 15, 2014 - Under: Health and Science -
HAVANA._ Cuba’s Public Health Ministry has officially announced that the 13th edition of the 2015 International Trade Fair “Health for All” will be held April 20-24, 2015, in Havana.
- By: Cira Rodríguez - Published on: No. 15, 2014 - Under: Cuba -
HAVANA._ The acquisition of technologically advanced equipment for the dismantling of industrial facilities and the compilation of statistics regarding the nationwide extent of metallic waste materials are indications of the importance given in Cuba to a policy of recycling that will be in effect until 2016.
- By: Roberto García - Published on: No. 15, 2014 - Under: Politics -
HAVANA_ U.S. and global media have drawn attention to what they refer to as the “perseverance” of the U.S. governments in maintaining and strengthening their continuous subversive programs against Cuba, most of which are spectacularly unsuccessful.
- By: Tino Manuel - Published on: No. 15, 2014 - Under: Photo Feature -
HAVANA._ Rodeo is an original extreme sport with a passionate following, mainly in North America, but in Cuba there is also a rodeo circuit that is now becoming a major tourist attraction.